E46 Windshield Washer Pump Cleaning
These instructions are only a guide for cleaning the filter to windshield washer pump. Please read through all the instructions before attempting to install on your own. I take no responsibilities for any inaccuracies or problems/damage /injuries you may encounter from using these instructions. Please consult your shop manual.
If your windshield washers are not working properly, the washer pump strainer might be clogged. You can also use these instructions to replace your washer pump if it's broken.
2. Locate the washer pump on the back of the reservoir. Unplug the washer pump wiring harness. Remove the metal plate by unlatching the clip. (Figure C).
3. Remove washer pump from reservoir. Rotate pump clockwise and then pull up to remove. If you have water in the reservoir, it may start to spill out. Place your finger over the hole to keep the water from leaking. (Figure E)
4. If your washer pump needs to be replaced, disconnect it from the hose and replace with a new pump. (Figure F)
5. Remove strainer from reservoir. Clean strainer.
6. Reconnect everything in reverse order